Ten Ways to Destress
December 11, 2019
The holiday season is coming up and so are finals. Here are eight ways to destress yourself.
- Eat a Banana: Bananas are a good snack to have while studying because they contain a protein that is known to help people relax and improve moods.
- Tapping: Similarly to acupuncture, tapping your hands or feet can send signals to the part of your brain that controls stress.
- Chewing Gum: Chewing gum can increase the blood flow to your brain which can calm your mind, allowing you to relax.
- Light a Candle: Using essential oils or candles can help improve your mood and stress levels a well. Lighting a candle can provide a calm and quiet atmosphere.
- Listen to Music: Listening to music can release chemicals in the brain that is responsible for making us feel happy. Slow-paced instrumental music can help lower blood pressure and heart rate.
- Cleaning: Being in a clean room can help uplift your spirits and motivate you to do your work. A cluttered, messy room can cause you to feel anxious, stressed, and unmotivated.
- Exercise: Exercise and other physical activities produces endorphins that help improve your mood and can reduce stress. It also improves the ability to sleep.
- Sleeping: Sleeping seven to eight hours a night can improve your stress levels. Having enough sleep can help you tackle the day more easily.
- Spend Time with Friends and Family: Getting support from friends and family can help you get through the stress of finals. Having fun and laughing with others can put you in a better mood.
- Make a Plan: Sometimes it can be daunting to study for all your classes at once. Avoid procrastination and make a plan of what you need to do ahead of time.